Inflation & aerospace cylinders
Luxfer’s lightweight carbon composite cylinders can be found across numerous aerospace and inflation applications, including emergency egress slides for commercial aircraft, helicopter utility float systems, and various life raft products. Available in sizes ranging from two liters water volume to nearly 90 liters, Luxfer’s high-pressure inflation cylinders ensure the reliable and rapid deployment of life safety systems where every second counts. A Luxfer inflation cylinder is constructed of a corrosion-resistant thin-walled AA6061 aluminum liner overwrapped in high-strength carbon and glass fibers.
An AmSafe slide deployment. Slide contains Luxfer inflation cylinders. Video courtesy of AmSafe Aviation.
Manufactured at our Riverside, California facility, all of our inflation and aerospace cylinders are designed to the requirements of the U.S. DOT-CCFC, and meet all performance provisions of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and related Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA).
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders Wins 2013 Gold Medal from the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- Luxfer Cylinders will be on board for the 2013 Dakar Rally
- Luxfer Group secures £110-million finance package for growth
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders Launches All-new Website
- Luxfer receives two important awards from the Compressed Gas Association.