Performance racing cylinders
Luxfer Gas Cylinders offers a complete range of high-pressure, high-performance aluminum and carbon composite cylinders for professional performance racing applications, including:
- Nitrous oxide (N2O) cylinders for engine performance enhancement.
- Nitrogen cylinders for tire inflation.
- CO2 cylinders for fire suppression.
A superior aluminum alloy makes a superior performance racing cylinder
Luxfer aluminum cylinders are manufactured from L6X®, a proprietary formula of aluminum alloy 6061-T6 developed by Luxfer metallurgists to provide superior corrosion-resistance and dependable performance in the most demanding racing environments. Compared to conventional alloys, L6X has been optimized to improve durability, fracture toughness and resistance to cracking and tearing, even under high pressures over long periods. More than 50 million Luxfer cylinders manufactured from L6X alloy have an exemplary record for safety, long service life and reliable performance.
Luxfer carbon composite cylinders: the lightest-weight racing cylinders available
Luxfer carbon-composite cylinders feature aluminum liners wrapped with super-durable, aerospace-grade carbon composite fiber. The lightest-weight, most compact high-pressure cylinders for racing applications, Luxfer carbon composite cylinders weight up to 70 percent less than steel cylinders and 30 percent less than aluminum cylinders. Extremely durable, easy-care materials assure long cylinder life.
Both types of Luxfer performance racing cylinders come with a 15-year product warranty.
- Aluminum cylinders are made from Luxfer's L6X® alloy, a proprietary, specially balanced aluminum-magnesium-silicon formula exclusive to Luxfer.
- Carbon composite cylinders feature lightweight aluminum liners wrapped with ultra-strong, durable aerospace-grade carbon fiber.
- Luxfer performance racing cylinders meet or exceed all recognized international standards.
- Custom and standard paint finishes are available.
- 15-year product warranty.
- Excellent customer service.
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders Wins 2013 Gold Medal from the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- Luxfer Cylinders will be on board for the 2013 Dakar Rally
- Luxfer Group secures £110-million finance package for growth
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders Launches All-new Website
- Luxfer receives two important awards from the Compressed Gas Association.